Ella offers you the following ultrasounds free of charge:
- First ultrasound before 10 weeks, without medical indication.
- Ultrasound at 30-32 weeks.
Medical ultrasounds are made for medical reasons.
On indication the following ultrasounds are reimbursed by your health insurer:
- Viability scan.
- Ultrasound after blood loss.
- Ultrasound to determine the term of the pregnancy or Due to date scan.
- Placental localisation, which side placenta is located in the womb.
- Growth ultrasound.
- Location ultrasound, how your baby lies in your womb.
You can be tested to see if your unborn baby has a disorder or a physical abnormality. This is called prenatal screening.
There are two types of screening tests:
1. Screening for Down syndrome, Edwards' syndrome and Patau’s syndrome: the NIPT
2. Screening for physical abnormalities: the 13- week scan and the 20-week scan
It is entirely up to you to decide if you want to have these scans.
A fun-ultrasound is an ultrasound without a medical reason and at your own expense. Often it is a magical moment; you can hear the heartbeat of the baby, you can see your baby move and, with a little luck, you can even see your baby yawn. We have a Fun Echo practice: Echo aan Zee. It is located at our main location Copernicusplein 14, Den Haag.
You can make an appointment by phone: 06-52632016
Echo aan Zee has a website in Dutch: www.echoaanzee.nl